What are the reasons that some commercial real estate email marketing campaigns succeed while others fail?
Although it may appear that email marketing is a gamble, there is a guaranteed method to make it work for you. You need to regularly update your campaigns and make sure your messages come across as human and relatable. By doing this, you will see the best results possible.
As technology advances in the commercial real estate industry, so too must email campaigns be adapted and innovated to meet the moment.
By utilizing the intelligence gathered, email campaigns can be created with thoughtful and strategic subject lines, send times, and specially designed real estate templates.
Being a successful broker or agent requires maintaining and growing your client base. You have to make a name for yourself at social events like viewings, dinner parties, or meet-ups.
What are some ways that you can nurture relationships with people you meet?
Email marketing can be very beneficial for the real estate industry. It can be seen as your personal assistant, helping you with tasks and providing information.
This tool allows you to save, sort, and segment your contacts, giving you full control over your list and the message you want to get across. Automated email marketing campaigns deliver the right message to the right person while you focus on finding new homeowners for your properties.
When you use real estate email marketing correctly, you can reach more people and close more deals.
This email marketing guide provides instructions on how to capture leads, establish long-lasting relationships, close deals, and stay in touch with new homeowners and satisfied sellers.
Real estate is about developing relationships, even after the final transaction has been made (40% of buyers find an agent through referrals from past clients, after all)! Email marketing allows you to nurture your client base so that they come back to you for their next purchase, and/or refer their network to you as well.
Since the global pandemic, virtual interactions have become more important than ever. People are now more open to a virtual shopping experience, so realtors who use email to promote updates, videos and blogs will note a marked increase in engagement. In fact, our 2021 industry benchmark report found that since 2018, real estate email open rates have increased by 32%, and click-through rates by 54%!
Although a majority of real estate agents do not feel confident in their online marketing skills, there are many easy email marketing tips that can help expand your reach and start more discussions.
An email marketing software will provide you with the tools and resources you need to successfully operate your real estate business.
The major perks of using an email tool include:
- Collecting new leads and clients with ease
- Building long-lasting relationships within your community
- Establishing your own brand and reputation
- Growing your sales with well-timed emails
- Saving time and manual work with email automations
- Encouraging referrals after a deal has been closed
A larger client base will lead to a more successful business, and a good way to ensure this is to have a healthy, engaged email list.
Picking the best email tool for you
Working as a real estate agent or broker requires maintaining good relationships with your network. Since you can only meet with so many people in person each day, a lot of communication will happen online. Email marketing makes this easy.
With so many contacts, different properties and demanding clients to handle simultaneously, your email tool should offer:
- Lead capture forms that you can customize to fit your brand and business goals will help you collect and organize new leads, segment them into groups, and give them a more personalized experience.
- This is where you would group your subscribers based on something like geographical location. Doing this kind of segmentation will help you build trust with your customers since you can send emails that perfectly fit their situation.
- Email groups can be updated manually, and you can create groups for things like sellers versus buyers, property locations or features, budget, renting versus buying, and family size. Targeted emails increase your sales and boost your credibility by offering people email content that is actually valuable to them.
- You can set up automatic email responses for many of your commonly used emails, such as welcome emails, follow-up messages, or check-in emails for satisfied customers. Once you have them set up, they will do all the work for you! You just need to check in occasionally to see how people are responding and if they need any additional information or help.
- An email builder lets you design newsletters that reflect your personal brand and easily connect with new leads. By adding your branding to your emails, you create a more personal connection with subscribers and help convince them that you’re the broker that will make their real estate dreams come true.
This extensive guide provides all the information you need to create a successful commercial real estate email marketing campaign from start to finish.
1. Define Your Audience
Email can help you reconnect with people who you’ve lost touch with, forge relationships with new potential customers, and close deals that are almost finished. However, all of these benefits rely on you understanding who you’re sending emails to.
You can’t just send out a generic message to a bunch of different people and expect it to work. You need to take the time to understand who you’re talking to and what they need.
How do you define your audience? Here are some questions you should be able to answer:
- The Demographics – Step one is the basics. What kind of job titles, seniority, age, and general characteristics do your target prospects share? Nothing is universal but try to get a snapshot of what the group looks like.
- What Are Their Problems? – What issues, concerns, or questions do these individuals share? Are they focused on location? Price? Condition? Are there other factors that come up frequently in sales conversations? Know these questions and your emails will better reflect your business to the target audience.
- Where Do They Get Answers? – Where do these people go online to get answers to those questions and solutions to those problems? Get a sense of the commercial real estate websites they use, social media platforms they are members of, and blogs they read.
If you want your emails to be more effective, take the time to learn more about your ideal prospects. Knowing their specific needs and desires will help you to create messages that are more tailored to them.